Performance Physiques reserves the right to refuse service/treatment to anyone at any point in time
24hr cancellation notice is required for all services
Not showing up for your scheduled appointment will result in a full session charge
Performance Physiques requires all clients to give at least 24hours notice of an appointment cancellation. All cancellations made less than 24hrs before your scheduled appointment and unable to be filled will result in a full session charge.
We do however understand that emergencies occur and exceptions will be made for legitimate circumstances at our discretion.
Remember that your time is just as valuable as ours. Please try to arrive on time to your appointment. If you are late, your session time may be restricted to a shorter treatment or training appointment as it is unfair to those booked after you if we run over time.
Performance Physiques Health & Body Mechanics, led by Senior Physiotherapist Britta Anna Pedersen, is upstanding and committed to both protecting and respecting your privacy as a patient.
We understand that your personal data is entrusted to us and appreciate the importance of protecting and respecting your privacy. We comply fully with the data protection law in the USA (Data Protection Laws) and with all applicable clinical confidentiality guidelines.
For the purpose of data protection laws, the data controller is Britta Anna Pedersen, with registered address: 2002 Jimmy Durante Blvd, Ste 106, Del Mar, CA 92014
What personal data we may collect from you
Personal data in this policy refers to information that can or has the potential to identify you as an individual. Accordingly, we may hold and use personal data about you as a customer, a patient, or in any other capacity, eg. if you complete a form, access our services or speak to us. Depending on the services you receive from us, this may include sensitive personal data such as information relating to your health.
Personal Data we may collect from you may include the following:
- Information that you give us when you enquire or become a customer or patient of us. Including name, address, contact details (email and phone number)
- The name and contact of your next of kin
- Details of referrals, quotes and other contact and correspondence we may have had with you
- Details of services and/or treatments you have received from us, or which has been received from a third party and referred on by us
- Information obtained through customer surveys, promotions and competitions that you have entered or taken part in
- Notes and reports regarding your health and any treatments/care you have received and/or need, including hospital or specialist visits
- Patient feedback and treatment outcome information you provide
- Information regarding complaints/incidents
- Information you give to us when making a payment, such as financial or credit card information
What personal data may we collect from third parties and other sources
We may collect personal data about you from third parties such as: Medical Doctor, Naturopathic Doctor, Orthopaedic Surgeons. This will normally be in the form of a referral, handover or surgical summary. It will normally contain your basic details, eg full name, date of birth, address, contact number, email address & past medical history.
How do we use your personal data
We may use your data to:
- Enable us to carry out obligations to you arising from any contract entered into between you and us, including relating to the provision of services or treatments to you and related matter such as billing, credit or other payment card verification
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- Notify you about changes to our products or services
- Respond to requests where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so
- Check the accuracy of information about you and the quality of your treatment/care, including auditing medical information
- Support your doctor, nurse, specialist or other healthcare professional
- Assess the quality and/or type of care you have received and any concers or complaints you may raise, so that these can be properly investigated.
Health Information collected during provision of treatment or services
Your MD (Medical Doctor): If the practitioner treating you believes it to be clinically advisable, we may also share information regarding your treatment with your MD. You can ask us not to do this, in which case we will respect your request and are legally bound to do so. You should be aware that it can be potentially very dangerous or detrimental to your health to deny your MD full information about your medical history and we strongly advise against this.
Medical Regulators: We may be requested and in some cases required to share certain information (including personal data and sensitive personal data) about you and your care with medical regulators such as the General Medical Council. For example, if you make a complaint, or the conduct of a medical professional involved in your treatment is alleged to have fallen below the appropriate standards and the regulator wishes to investigate. We will ensure that we do so within the framework of the law and with due respect for your privacy.
Accessing and updating your information
The law gives you certain rights in respect of the personal data that we hold about you. Below is a short outline of the most commonly used rights. This is not an exhaustive statement of the law
- With some exceptions designed to protect the rights of others, you have the right to a copy of the personal data that we hold about you
- You have the right to have the personal data we hold about you corrected if it is factually inaccurate. It is important to understand that this right does not extend to matters of opinion, such as medical diagnosis. If any of your personal data has changed, especially contact information such as email, address or phone number, please get in touch with us to ensure that your personal data is kept up to date.
- If you want to exercise your rights in respect to your personal data, the best way to do so is to contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org